Fri, Feb 24|
Art of Dance Studio
Therapeutic Repair: Healing Your SI Joints & Hips - w/ Erin Jacob
An in-person, therapeutic exploration of the relationships which exist between our spine, hips, and pelvis. Learn the basics of your anatomy and experience ways to unlock your Sacro-Iliac Joints, realign your pelvis, and liberate your hips, leading to a future of improved mobility and reduced pain!
Time & Location
Feb 24, 6:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. PST
Art of Dance Studio, 22764 Lougheed Hwy., Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2V6, Canada
About the Event
In this In-Person class we will explore the structure and function of our Sacro-Iliac Joints, or SI Joints, in relation to spinal health, hip mobility, gait, and pelvic alignment.
Today's modern chair-bound soceity has created a dramatic shift in the use of the average human spine, forcing it to try and adapt to a new way of being in, an evolutionarily speaking, very short period of time. In fact, the average north american spends more time sitting down now than any other point in human history, with an average of somewhere around 13 hours seated per day! As such, it's not surprising to see that we also live in a time where degenerative conditions of the spine and hips are more common than not for those over the age of 45-50. Although this workshop may not change the societal conditions which stuck us in the chair in the first place, but it will allow you to understand the nature of pain in these areas, what we can do to protect and repair these joints, realign and rebalance your skeletal structures, and create healthy habits of care that will ensure your hips and spine will be able to continue to serve you efficiently into a healthy future!
Who is this Workshop for:
- Do get pain in your lower back, upper butt cheek, or hips?
- Do you find it difficult to sit upright on the floor without support for long periods of time?
- Does your back hurt at the end of the day, all day, or does it wake you up when you sleep?
- Do you have any degenerative conditions in your spine or hips?
- Do you get hip pain during or after long walks?
- Do you see a chiropractor to help keep your pelvis level?
- Do you work in an office, vehicle, or any other job or situation that requires you to sit regularly?
- Are you hypermobile in your joints?
- Do you care enough about the future health, happiness, and mobility of your body to invest 75 minutes into it this month?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then we're happy to say that this workshop is for you!
This workshop is safe and highly productive for most injuries and health conditions. Past or pending joint replacements, bulging or herniated discs, degenerative spinal conditions, sciatica, or arthritis? No problem! Erin is a certified yoga therapist and is trained to work with injuries of all levels. She will be able to meet you where you're at and help you find safe and productive solutions for your individual body care!
Investment in Yourself: $30.00
*Max 20 participants. Please register early to avoid dissappointment*
Therapeutic - SI Joints & Hips
Single In-Person Attendance