Fri, Jun 23|
Art of Dance Studio
Evening Mindful Hatha - w/ Kelly
A gentle class combining mindful movement, strengthening, stretching, fascial rolling, and breathing exercises to create harmony and balance for the start of your weekend!
Time & Location
Jun 23, 6:00 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. PDT
Art of Dance Studio, 22764 Lougheed Hwy., Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2V6, Canada
About the Event
Join Kelly and begin your weekend feeling harmonious and balanced! Enjoy a mindful movement experience
that integrates flexibility and strength, while reducing stress and calming the mind.
In this workshop anticipate a gentle pace and themes that focus on decompression, release and
mobility of hips, shoulders, and spine, while strengthening the torso, and improving balance.
Teachings will integrate:
- Pranayama (breath work) to calm your nervous system, reduce stress, and create a better
connection with self.
- Deep stretching to enhance mobility, circulation, and physical function, including the
use of bolsters and straps.
- Gentle strengthening with a focus on alignment and mobility.
- Asana (postures) to introduce Hatha postures that generate strength, flexibility, and
- Rolling with the use of Therapy Balls, Tune-up Balls, and Rad Rods to release
restrictions, improve fluid pathways in the body, and enhance mobility.
- Modifications and guidance to adapt postures to suit individual needs.
Kelly Swift is a fully certified yoga teacher trained by Erin Jacob, CWY founder, yoga
community-builder, and long-time practitioner with multiple certifications. Read more about Kelly HERE.
What to Bring:
Please wear comfortable clothing that doesn’t restrict movement, bring water and
items that you may wish to use such as a blanket. Props such as Bolsters, Therapy Balls, Tune-
up Balls, Rad Rods, and straps will be provided. You are welcome to bring your own props if
you wish to.
*Please note that you if you are new to the CWY community, you'll need to create a free
member's account in order to be able to register. Just click the 'Log-In/Sign-Up' button in the top
right corner of the page to set one up. It's fast, easy, free, and will give you access to all of the CWY perks!
*Minimum of 3 participants needed*
Evening Mindful Hatha w/Kelly