We're excited to have CWY's own Kelly Swift back on the schedule and ready to start some great new workshops with us at the Art of Dance Studio in Maple Ridge!
I have been practicing Yoga for over a decade and have certifications in Hatha Yoga and Therapeutic Yoga from Erin Jacob at Centered Within Yoga. In my own practice, I have experience in Yin Yoga, Acro Yoga, functional movement, breathwork and meditation. My teaching style incorporates serenity, and strength. I enjoy creating an atmosphere that invites a deep exploration of our physical body to unite our mind, body and breath to tap into our inner strength. My goal is to provide an uplifting experience that inspires self-compassion, confidence, and an expanded belief in our physical abilities. Yoga has taught me that our human potential is unlimited regardless of where each of us is beginning our journey from.
NEW: Mindful Hatha Workshops w/ Kelly
In-Person @ the Art of Dance Studio, Maple Ridge
Join Kelly and begin your weekend feeling harmonious and balanced! Enjoy a mindful movement experience
that integrates flexibility and strength, while reducing stress and calming the mind.
In this workshop anticipate a gentle pace and themes that focus on decompression, release and
mobility of hips, shoulders, and spine, while strengthening the torso, and improving balance.
Teachings will integrate:
- Pranayama (breath work) to calm your nervous system, reduce stress, and create a better
connection with self.
- Deep stretching to enhance mobility, circulation, and physical function, including the
use of bolsters and straps.
- Gentle strengthening with a focus on alignment and mobility.
- Asana (postures) to introduce Hatha postures that generate strength, flexibility, and
- Rolling with the use of Therapy Balls, Tune-up Balls, and Rad Rods to release
restrictions, improve fluid pathways in the body, and enhance mobility.
- Modifications and guidance to adapt postures to suit individual needs.